The following are examples of various types of cases that generally do not meet the criteria or fall within the priorities and, thus, will not be accepted for litigation or administrative action by Disability Rights Montana staff but you can call/email us to use our information and referral services:
- Divorce, custody, support, and other family law matters, except in unusual circumstances, or when serious systemic issues are involved
- Drafting of wills, trusts, and estate planning
- Representation in criminal proceedings
- Malpractice cases
- Workers’ Compensation; issues related to collective bargaining agreements; unemployment compensation
- Product liability cases
- Bankruptcy matters
- Personal injury cases, including intentional torts
- Consumer protection issues
- Tax issues
Link to other services:
Montana Law Help– provides information to help you solve your civil legal problem.
Montana Legal Services Association: Montana Legal Services Association (MLSA) is a law firm that empowers low-income people by providing legal information, advice, and other services free of charge. MLSA works both on individual cases and under a systemic approach to help low-income people escape domestic violence, keep their housing, preserve their public benefits, protect their finances, and more.