Attorney- Abuse and Neglect Work Unit
Disability Rights Montana is seeking to hire an Attorney with litigation experience to work in our Abuse and Neglect Work Unit. The Abuse and Neglect Work Unit focuses on protecting the rights of people with disabilities who live in institutions, congregate care facilities, and group homes.
Duties will include conducting and supervising investigations and systemic reform efforts and individual representation in formal and informal legal proceedings.
Experience is preferred in the following areas:
- Civil and/or Disability Rights Law
- Work with DPHHS/State Agencies
- Administrative Law
Applicant must have the following:
- Licensed and in good standing to practice law in the state of Montana or admitted to the State Bar of Montana within one year of date of hire.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with litigation.
- Some supervisory or leadership experience.
Position is located in Helena, Montana. Travel will be required. Starting salary $60,000 – $75,000 DOE. A generous benefit package includes paid time off, 403(b) retirement plan, health, life, dental, vision, and long term care insurance.
Please submit a letter of interest, a resume, and writing sample to:
Director of Finance & Administration
1022 Chestnut Street
Helena, MT 59601
or by email to:
Not recruiting at this time.